* Date : 2019-08-02
Our field of productions, such as, medical, arts, and performances; technology is being used in many ways. Laser! Laser is a light that has a strong energy, and hard materials like iron can be drilled or cut at once. Recently, as technology has become more advanced, it has incorporated into more precise metal working. One of the most popular uses is to cut hard materials and mark them with logos or serial numbers. The laser can be controlled to do fine work, which means the numerical value and the thickness of lines, shapes are be adjusted. Moreover, marking does not require a separate sample, yet can be permanently engraved. The technology is quickly finding its place in the industry. On the other hand, the use of lasers is also prominent in the field of eyeglasses manufacturing, which requires numerous welding operations. the laser welding robot, developed in Korea, not only speeds up the process by more than 10 times, but also reduces soot around the welding area, simplifying the welding process. Laser technology is widely used not only in industrial fields, but also in research. We explore laser technology that is contributing to the development of new devices.
As domestic coffee consumption is increasing, coffee residues are also increasing. When making coffee, the crude extract from the bean is only 0.2%, and the remaining 99.8% are thrown away. Coffee residues are classified as municipal waste, which is buried or incinerated. In order to overcome the problems, studies are conducted to utilize them as new resources in Korea. The idea of solidifying the coffee residue like clay or making coffee bricks was introduced. The biggest advantage of coffee bricks is the natural circulation, as the bricks do not have any harmful substances. Not only that, but they also carry a fragrant aroma, which is helping gain popularity among consumers. They collect coffee residue generated in the city, free of charge, and place them in nature circulation park. They are also offered freely to farmhouses and laboratories that need the residue. The reason why coffee residues are used in farms is because they can be matured naturally and can be used for cultivation of grains and fruit when sprayed on rice fields. Furthermore, Korean researchers have developed a technology that turns coffee residues into renewable energy that can be used instead of fossil fuels. We look into how coffee natural products that are attracting a lot of attention, will help the future as new energy.
Recently, a new waterfront architecture has been attracting attention for the utilization of coastal space in preparation for future global environmental changes, like rising sea level due to global warming. Floating architectures have been emerging, among which “Scotra” has steadily developed water floating systems suitable for various environments, and becoming a leader in the floating market. The water float developed by “Scotra” supports buildings floating on water. The company has a paradigm of water architecture for the low cost and free movement of buildings. In addition, the buildings can be assembled in a desired form and can be used very conveniently. Since the floating structures are not harmful to aquatic life or environment, the product was certified as an eco-friendly product. Under the banner of “Everything on the water,” the company has achieved 1,100 cases of floating structures, such as, moorings, marinas, construction pants, water leasing facilities, and waterfront buildings. Moreover, the company is constructing a water-based photovoltaic power generation system based on the expertise. With much effort and many researches, the company now has numerous patents related to water floating technology. We introduce the company “Scotra,” which is spreading its water float manufacturing technology overseas and water solar systems.