World Ch. Schedule : THU 20:00 KST
* Date : 2020-12-03
High school seniors in South Korea sat the national college entrance exam known as ‘Suneung’ on December 3, amid a recent surge in COVID-19 cases. Extra precautions had been taken to ensure the safety of test takers, including exam supervisors in protective suits, protective desk screens and separate testing venues for infected students and those under self-quarantine.
Besides these changes, the pandemic has also triggered a shift in education in general toward online learning. In this week’s edition of Foreign Correspondents, we sit down with our panel of journalists to talk more about the unprecedented changes the COVID-19 outbreak has brought to education.
- Frank Smith, Correspondent / Deutsche Welle
- Jason Strother / The World
- Andres Sanchez-Braun / EFE
Skype Interview Guests
- William SCHAFFNER, Professor of Infectious Diseases / Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Courtland Robinson, Professor / Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health