World Ch. Schedule : KST
* Date : 2021-12-02
2021 was a triumphant year for S. Korea’s diplomacy. S. Korea was newly classified as an advanced economy by the UNCTAD, and President Moon Jae-in was invited to the G7 Summit to share his ideas on global agendas. In addition, S. Korea showed its leadership and capabilities to handle an urgent crisis by successfully carrying out ‘Operation Miracle’ in the wake of disarray in Afghanistan.
President Moon had a productive session with U.S. President Joe Biden and laid an important groundwork to resolve the worldwide vaccine distribution issue. Not to mention, Moon also brought together the leaders of the world at the P4G Summit in Seoul to devise a comprehensive blueprint to tackle climate change.
But S. Korea also experienced challenges over establishing an inter-Korean peace process and resolving its relationship with Japan. In the latter half of the year, President Moon garnered the world’s attention and rekindled the momentum for a peace regime on the Korean Peninsula by urging support for the end-of-war declaration of the Korean War!
We invite experts from within and out of the country to highlight S. Korea’s diplomatic milestones and setbacks throughout 2021.
- Guests In-Studio
- MOON Chung-in / Chairman, Sejong Institute
- PARK Soo-hyun / Senior Blue House Secretary for Public Communication
- John DELURY / Professor, Yonsei GSIS
- CHOI Eun-mi / Research Fellow, Asan Institute for Policy Studies
- Skype Interview
- Erik MOBRAND / Korea Policy Chair, RAND Corporation
- John NILSSON-WRIGHT / Korea Foundation Korea Fellow, Chatham House
- Nakato SACHIO / Professor, Ritsumeikan University