World Ch. Schedule : KST
* Date : 2021-11-03
Where is the global economy headed and which countries hold the greatest opportunities for international investors in a post-pandemic world? Invest KOREA Week 2021 looks to answer that question as a global IR event attended by officials from all levels of the central and regional governments, multinational firms and the media to promote new investments in Korea.
So, why invest in Korea? IKW 2021, being held this year under the slogan “Smart Innovation & Safe Growth with Korea”, offers a two-part look at Korea’s merits as a promising destination for international investors, backed by its strong industrial base and competitiveness.
Part 1 (Innovative Growth Forum) will explore ways to encourage greater cooperation between international firms and also outline the blueprint of Korea’s future industries, as part of the country’s plan to become the world’s fourth-largest manufacturing nation. World-renowned economist Professor Jean-Paul Rodrigue from Hofstra University and MIT Professor Robert Langer, who is also the co-founder of Moderna, will join our discussion on where Korea could stand in a post-pandemic economic landscape.
- Connyoung MOON, Host
- Shawn CHANG, Invest KOREA Commissioner
Skype Interview Guests
- Jean-Paul RODRIGUE, Professor / Hofstra University
- Robert S. LANGER, Professor (Moderna Co-Founder) / Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Wook SHIN, Team Manager /K-New Deal Investment Team, Korea Growth Investment Corp.
- Yang-Paeng KIM, Senior ResearcherKorea Institute for Industrial Economics & Trade
- Shawn CHANG, Moderator / Invest KOREA Commissioner
1. Sean BLAKELEY, CEO / British Chamber of Commerce in Korea
2. Hakan CERVELL, President and CEO / Ericsson-LG
3. Francis VAN PARYS, Vice President Commercial (Asia-Pacific) / Cytiva
4. Mark BUELTEL-HERZ, Vice President / BASF Company Korea
5. James E. FALTEISEK, Senior Vice President / 3M Asia Corporate Affairs