[Korea Now Today's Headline] 07/19/MON
1. South Korea reported 1-thousand-252 new COVID-19 cases on Monday, This is the highest number of confirmed cases marked on Sunday.
2. High school teachers and seniors in South Korea are getting vaccinated against COVID-19. Roll out started on Monday for 650,000 recipients across South Korea and 95 percent of those eligible have signed up to get the shot.
3. From today, the ban on gatherings of 5-or-more people has been expanded to cover the whole of South Korea with the Gangneung city in Gangwon-do Province raising their social distancing level to the highest level 4.
4. According to the Joint Chiefs of Staff, a total of 247 people out of the 301 members have tested positive for the virus..They are expected to return to Korea late Tuesday... on the military's two Multi-Role Transport and Tanker aircraft.
5. According to the 청와대 Today, President 문 will not visit Japan, as no accomplishment is expected from the bilateral summit, with various other situations considered.
6. Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Katsunobu Kato has expressed deep regret over controversial remarks made by a high-level Japanese diplomat against President 문재인. Kato said that the remarks were very inappropriate as a diplomat under any circumstance or context.
7. South Korea's main delegation to the Tokyo Olympics departed for Japan on Monday … The country aims to win at least seven gold medals to rank among the top ten for the fifth consecutive Summer Games.