[Korea Now Today's Headline] 07/14/WED
1. South Korea reported a new daily record of 1-thousand-615 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday.
2. Prime Minister 김부겸 announced on Wednesday that the government will impose Level 2 social distancing measures in non-capital areas from Thursday, with the exception of 세종, 경상북도, and 전라도 provinces.
3. Health authorities in South Korea will resume COVID-19 vaccine reservations for people aged between 55 and 59, at 8 PM today.
4. At a Korean New Deal strategic meeting on Wednesday, President 문재인 announced plans to expand investment from 160 trillion won to 220 trillion won by 2025 to push forward with the New Deal 2.0 initiative.
5. At least 72 people have been killed in riots and looting in South Africa on Tuesday local time. Amid the chaos, South Korean firms in Durban including LG Electronics and Samsung Electronics have reported significant damage to their facilities in the country.
6. BTS will take part in 2021 Global Citizen Live scheduled to be held in September. It's part of a campaign calling for vaccine equity and an end to global poverty.