[Korea Now Today's Headline] 07/20/TUE
1. South Korea reported one-thousand-278 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, staying over the one-thousand mark for two weeks.
2. All three-hundred-and-one members of the South Korean Navy's Cheonghae Unit landed at Seoul Air Base today afternoon, by 2 planes. The defense ministry says it will carry out tests for all the crew upon their arrival.
3. Starting from 8PM tonight, vaccine reservations will open for people aged 50 to 52.
4. In the Cabinet Meeting held on Tuesday, President 문재인 instructed the financial authorities to come up with credit recovery support plan for people in need due to the prolonged COVID-19 pandemic.
5. First Vice Foreign Minister 최종건, on his way to have bilateral and trilateral talks with the U.S. and Japan, said that the recent controversial remarks by a Japanese diplomat greatly hampered plans for a now scrapped South Korea-Japan summit.
6. BTS has again debuted at number 1 on Billboard's main singles chart with ‘Permission to Dance’ as the track replaces the group's previous chart topper 'Butter'.
7. The heat willintensify again and get even worse starting tomorrow, also seeing passing rain in the central region.