[Korea Now Today's Headline] 10/19/TUE
1. South Korea's defense ministry reported that the missile launched today by North Korea was assumed to be a “short-range, submarine-launched ballistic missile”.
2. U.S. nuclear envoy Sung Kim, will be visiting Seoul this week to resume talks concerning the end-of-war proposal. Kim said the U.S. remains open and will continue to build trust and dialogue with North Korea.
3. South Korea, the United States and Japan’s intelligence officers held a trilateral meeting in Seoul today to discuss the affairs concerning the Korean peninsula.
4. The daily number of COVID-19 infection stood at 1-thousand-73 on Tuesday, as the numbers continue on a downward trend.
5. The South Korean government finalized its executive plan aiming for 40% reduction of carbon gas emission by the 2030.