[Korea Now Today's Headline] 09/23/THU
1. President 문재인 hosted a repatriation ceremony at Hickam Air Force Base in Hawaii on Wednesday. 문 said at the event that sustainable peace is what the world hoped to achieve through the foundation of the U.N, adding that an end of war declaration will give new hope and courage to everyone around the world aspiring for peace beyond the Korean peninsula.
2. According to the U.S. State department, the top diplomats of South Korea, United States and Japan on Wednesday reaffirmed their cooperation in dealing with various regional issues, such as the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula and climate change.
3. President 문재인 on Wednesday reaffirmed his country's commitment to playing a leading role in the fight against COVID-19, while attending a virtual summit hosted by U.S. President Joe Biden.
4. South Korea reported 1-thousand-716 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, while the daily confirmed cases stayed above 17-hundred for the third day in a row.
5. The eased social distancing during 추석 holiday, allowing family gatherings of up to eight people on the condition that four of them are fully vaccinated, ended Wednesday. Beginning Friday, the number of private gatherings will again be limited to a maximum of six after 6 PM.