[Korea Now Today's Headline] 09/22/WED
1. In his keynote speech to the annual gathering of the UN General Assembly in New York on Tuesday, President 문재인 asked for the world's support for an end-of-war declaration on the Korean Peninsula.
2. President 문재인, who is visiting New York, met with chairman of Pfizer on Tuesday local time and requested the smooth introduction and early supply of next year's COVID-19 vaccine. Meanwhile, the South Korean government will provide Vietnam with at least 1 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines within next month.
3. U.S President Joe Biden and Chinese President Xi Jinping exchanged sharp remarks aimed at each other during a speech at the UN General Assembly. President Biden did not explicitly name ‘China’ in his speech, and the word ‘US’ did not come from Xi, but it was very clear that the speech was with the other party in mind.
4. According to the U.S. State Department Tuesday local time, Secretary of State Antony Blinken will hold trilateral talks with his South Korean and Japanese counterparts on Wednesday afternoon on the sidelines of the U.N. General Assembly in New York.
5. South Korea reported 1-thousand-720 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, as the daily confirmed cases remained in the 17-hundreds for a second straight day.