[Korea Now Today's Headline] 09/17/FRI
1. South Korea’s health authorities said South Korea completed the first dose of COVID-19 vaccine shots for 70 percent of the population on Friday.
2. South Korea reported 2-thousand-8 new COVID-19 cases on Friday, while the daily cases surpassed two-thousand once again amid concerns over a further spike during the upcoming 추석 holiday.
3. President 문재인 issued a message Friday on the occasion of the 30th anniversary of South and North Korea becoming members of the United Nations together. He added that the two sides' simultaneous accession to the U.N. represented "their first step towards international dialogue and cooperation."
4. According to the BBC on Friday, China has criticized AUKUS, a historic security pact between the U.S, UK and Australia, describing it as "extremely irresponsible" and "narrow-minded". Traditional allies of the U.S. also reacted angrily to the new pact.
5. Typhoon 찬투, the 14th typhoon of the year, passed through the southern sea of 제주 Island Friday morning, as the typhoon warning was extended in the 경상 regions.