Other Stories

Conflicting reports on whether Turkey cleared 2 Syrian villages of terror Updated: 2019-10-11 07:04:09 KST

Turkey continues their ground offensive in northeastern Syria, violence that has left at least eleven people dead and dozens more injured.
As the fighting rages on, that death toll is expected to rise.
Now there are conflicting arguments between Turkey and Kurdish forces on whether Turkish forces successfully took control of two Syrian villages.
For more on this and other news around the world, let's turn to our Kim Da-mi.
Da-mi, this offensive is just days old, but we are already hearing different accounts about what is happening on the ground.

Right Connyoung, Turkish state media said on Thursday that two Syrian villages were "cleared of terror."
Turkish state media reported that the villages of al-Yabisah and Tal Fandar were the first places cleared of terrorists as part of Ankara's so-called 'Operation Peace Spring'.
Turkey's Defense Ministry tweeted that it had accomplished its goal without further elaborating on its future plans.
But these accounts contrast with what the Syrians are saying.
The Syrian Democratic Forces insist that the Turkish aggression was repelled by SDF fighters.
In fact, according to the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, all Turkish military actions had been foiled by Kurdish forces.
The SDF reportedly blocked most of Turkey's ground offensive on Wednesday, but their lack of weaponry is raising questions about how long Kurdish forces can repel the Turkish advance.
While tensions between the two countries mount,Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov vowed to mediate with Turkey to protect Syria's Kurds.
Suggesting the U.S. was to blame for the chaos, Lavrov said the Kremlin wants "this situation to calm down as soon as possible."
KOGL : Korea Open Government License
본 저작물 중 본문에 해당하는 뉴스 스크립트(텍스트)는 공공누리 제1유형-출처표시 조건에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다.
weather