* Date : 2020-12-31
2002 was the year that COVID-19 brought the world to a standstill. In this week’s special year-end episode of Foreign Correspondents, we sit down with our panel of journalists to take a look back at the key political, social and cultural issues of 2020 and discuss what 2021 has in store for us.
1. Politics – Joe Biden’s victory in the U.S. Presidential Election and its global implications, the future of U.S.-China relations and inter-Korean relations
2. Society - Changes brought about by COVID-19
3. Culture - Unprecedented postponement of an Olympics, popularity of K-pop and K movies
- Andrew Salmon, Correspondent / Asia Times
- Steven Borowiec, Correspondent / Nikkei Asia
- Andres Sanchez-Braun, Correspondent / EFE