Other Stories

Full Video

Allied war plan update a response to N. Korea threat: U.S. official Updated: 2021-12-09 13:40:54 KST

The U.S. under secretary of defense for policy, Colin Kahl, said Wednesday that the agreement last week between South Korea and the U.S. to update their wartime contingency plans was a response to threats and challenges in the region.
Kahl said the allies continue to work on their plans due to what he called "the evolution of the threat" posed by North Korea as well as other regional challenges.
The agreement to update the war plan was reached last week in a meeting of the defense chiefs from Seoul and Washington.
In the meantime, Pentagon Press Secretary John Kirby said the U.S. continues to upgrade its missile defense system capabilities, including those in South Korea, in response to evolving threats.
KOGL : Korea Open Government License
본 저작물 중 본문에 해당하는 뉴스 스크립트(텍스트)는 공공누리 제1유형-출처표시 조건에 따라 이용할 수 있습니다.
weather