The South Korean government has not mentioned any details on the possible changes to its long-term COVID-19 strategy.
But KDCA chief Jeong Eun-Kyung said on Monday that related discussions could start around late-September or early October.
It is expected that 70 percent of Korea's population will have gotten at least one dose by then, which authorities have repeatedly said is the minimum floor required for any change in strategy.
"We are expecting to reach the 70-percent target by Chuseok. We believe we can review all possible options by then."
The new approach may focus on managing severely-ill patients rather than all cases like now.
Doing so would allow the country to use its limited resources more efficiently to treat patients with the greatest need.
One way of doing this would be to allow more patients with mild or no symptoms to receive treatment at home.
South Korea currently treats almost all of its COVID-19 patients at hospitals or treatment facilities, even though only about one in ten patients develop a severe illness.
Most of the patients treated at home are children under the age of 12, and those with childcare responsibilities under the government's initial guidelines.
But this month, the government expanded the scheme to more adults.
And Seoul city and Gangwon-do Province have begun doing just that.
Gyeonggi-do Province actually got an early head start, even before the government's announcement.
There, starting last month, those under the age of 50 who live alone can receive treatment at home.
Some 83 percent of those who received the service said they were "satisfied" with the program.
Jeju Island is also considering expanding at-home treatment.
Some experts have raised concerns over its effectiveness and safety.
But more regions are likely to follow amid rising hospital occupancy rates nationwide.
Lee Kyung-eun, Arirang News.