Nationwide, more than seven,six-hundred have been forced to evacuate due to the record breaking monsoon season in South Korea.
In addition, as of Wednesday, since August 1st the reported death toll is at 34 with eight still missing.
In the whole of last year, the Ministry of Interior and Safety reported 1 person dead or missing as a result of heavy rain.
This year, facilities and roads have been subjected to large scale damage.
The number of public and private facilities reported to be have been damaged adds up to more than 24,000.
Of those, more than half have been temporarily restored, but obstacles remain for the evacuees to return home.
In response, the government last week designated seven cities and counties as special disaster zones.
This means that support will be provided for some of the restoration work along with monetary support for the victims.
On Wedneday, as more areas reported heavy damage, high ranking officials from the ruling Democratic Party, government, and Blue House vowed to provide more assistance.
"The government has decided to double the amount of natural disaster relief in the case of death to around 17,000 U.S. dollars and flood support aid to around 1,700 dollars."
In addition, the government said that 17 more areas are being considered as designated disaster zones and that the process should be complete soon.
The spokesperson added that it won't just be a quick fix, but full-scale, long-term recovery.
As for drawing up another supplementary budget, the government and the ruling party said that it will be decided on at a later date.
If one IS drawn up, it would be the fourth extra budget this year alone.
Kim Do-yeon, Arirang News