South Korea will be at a halt for another two weeks.
At a briefing on Saturday, health authorities said that the nationwide social distancing drive will be extended for two more weeks to April 19th originally scheduled to end this Sunday.
"This is not a time to relax. If we let our guard down, our efforts could come to nothing. It's a situation where strong social distancing has to continue."
The decision comes as the number of imported cases continues to rise and those with untraceable sources of contagion still occuring.
Health authorities said, however, due to citizens' active participation, the number of cases with no clear infection process decreased from some 20 percent to six percent of all cases last month.
With the extension, churches and facilities where the risk of mass infections is high, will be shut down for two more weeks.
Sports and entertainment facilities, and businesses which each district has pin-pointed, will also be restricted.
If they have to open, then they must follow the instructions given by health authorities, such as wearing masks and keeping a one-meter distance.
The government has also announced a stronger preventive measure to help reduce the amount of community-based infections.
The government will put a person in charge of a facility where the risk of contagion is high. They will be required to check for symptoms and report to the authorities quickly if they find a possible case.
Stronger measures will also apply to those entering the country.
To prevent further imported cases, authorities will obligate people to download self-quarantine cell phone applications on arrival and will monitor their whereabouts using Geographic Information System.
With the two-week social distancing extension, the government aims to lower daily cases to less than 50 and minimize untraceable cases to under 5 percent.
Choi Jeong-yoon, Arirang News.