According to the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Sunday, South Korea confirmed another case of the novel coronavirus.
The 82-year-old Korean man who has no recent record of travelling overseas,. is the oldest confirmed patient in the nation so far.
(Korean ) YTN
"The confirmed patient came in for a check up at the Korea University Anam Hospital's emergency room on Saturday citing chest pain. He tested positive for the virus on Sunday morning. The patient is now placed under quarantine at a state-designated hospital, the Seoul National University Hospital. He has shown symptoms of fever and pneumonia, but is in a relatively stable condition."
The Korea University Anam Hospital said on Sunday that it has closed down the emergency room that the confirmed patient visited.
More than 30 medical staff from the hospital, including the doctor who diagnosed the patient, have been put under self-quarantine as well.
This brings the total number of confirmed cases in the nation to 29.
Authorities have discharged eight patients from hospital following full recoveries, with another patient released from quarantine as of Saturday-- and set to be released as early as Monday.
Meanwhile, 334 South Koreans that evacuated on the second chartered plane from Wuhan, --the epicenter of the outbreak-- were released on Sunday.
They had been kept in isolation in a state-run facility in Asan, in Chungcheongnam-do Province, some 90 kilometers south of Seoul for over two weeks.
All the evacuees tested negative before their departure.
The earlier group of 366 passengers on the first chartered plane from Wuhan, were sent home on Saturday morning.
Starting Monday, the South Korean government will begin receiving applications for financial assistance and paid leave, from those quarantined or hospitalized due to the coronavirus.
The KCDC also says the government is considering running coronavirus tests on all pneumonia patients hospitalized across the country in the coming days.
Kim Jae-hee, Arirang News.