Ep. 3 What is the Secret of Korea’s Spice Tolerance?
World Ch. Schedule : WED 20:30 KST
Date : 2022-05-25
On this episode of ‘What is’, we explore the question of why Koreans came to love spicy foods and how they may have developed a natural tolerance to them over time. We speak to a number of different experts in search of answers as to why Koreans regularly enjoy spicy dishes as well as their growing popularity among people across the globe. When did Koreans start enjoying spicy foods? Is it true that they can be detrimental to your health? Could this become a lasting global trend? Tune in to this week’s edition of ‘What is’ to find out more about all the questions surrounding Koreans and their love and tolerance for spicy dishes.
- NOH Bong-soo, Professor of Food Sciences / Seoul Women’s University
- LEE Joo-hyun, Food Columnist and Researcher
- SUHR Young-joon, Professor / Seoul National University College of Pharmacy
- KIM Ik-sung, Professor of German Literature / Dongduk Women’s University
- KWON Dae-young, Former Director / Korea Food Research Institute
- AHN Tae-yang, CEO / Food Culture Lab
#SpicyFood #TraditionalCuisine #KFood #Trending #ExpertAnalysis #FireNoodleChallenge #YouTube #SeoulSisters #KimchiSeasoning