World Ch. Schedule : THU 20:00 KST
* Date : 2020-10-01
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, governments around the world are going to significant lengths to enforce restrictions and lockdowns to slow the spread of the virus. They are also rolling out stimulus packages on an unprecedented scale to cushion the impact of the crisis. The growing role of the government has raised concerns over the rise of big government, and increased surveillance of individuals and massive deficits to fund stimulus programs have emerged as potential challenges in the post-covid era. In this week’s edition of Foreign Correspondents, we sit down with our panel of journalists to take a deep dive into how the world’s experiment with big government will turn out.
- Jack Barton / Freelance Journalist
- Josh Smith, Senior Correspondent / Reuters
- Jo Aisaka, Correspondent / Tokyo Shimbun
- Jim Bulley, Editor / Korea JoongAng Daily
- Morten Larsen / Freelance Journalist