World Ch. Schedule : KST
* Date : 2021-03-20
After Korea first began welcoming international patients 10 years ago and created a robust healthcare industry for foreigners, nearly 2.8 million international patient have visited Korea for treatment since then. Why do severely ill patients from around Asia, the Middle East, the U.S., and Europe come to Korea for medical care?
With the world’s best survival rate for cancer patients, extensive use and adoption of imaging diagnostics equipment such as MRI and CT scanners, in addition to various other forms of patient support, it is not hard to see why Korea has become a top destination for international medical care.
The Medical Korea 2021 Conference has been organized by the Ministry of Health and Welfare and the Korea Institute for Health Industry Promotion, under the theme of “Global Healthcare, Where Your Days Begin Again”. As part of this event, we have interviewed foreign patients in Korea as well as Korean medical professionals to get their first-hand assessment of Korea’s healthcare system.
- LAAH Hyun-kyung
- Dr. PARK Jong Hoon, Vice President / Korea International Medical Association
- Dr. Alice Hyun-Kyung TAN, Internist / MizMedi Women's Hospital
- LEE Suekyung, Team Leader / Global Healthcare Relations, KHIDI)
- Ilya BELYAKOV, Adjunct Professor / The University of Suwon)
- Suleyman NAZAROV, CEO / Cloud Hospital
Joining via Skype
- Dr. Yener ERKEN / Faculty of Medicine, Canakkale Onsekiz Mart University (Turkey)