[Korea Now Today's Headline] 10/20/WED
1. South Korea reported 1-thousand-571 new COVID-19 cases this morning, jumping almost 500 cases from the day before.
2. During the opening ceremony at the Seoul International Aerospace and Defense Exhibition , South Korean President Moon Jae-in emphasized the need to secure defense industry capability and competitiveness in order to protect peace and to face North Korea’s security threats.
3. The South Korean government responded with great disappointment to North Korea's submarine-launch ballistic missile the day before and reconsiders the degree and level of future dialogue with Pyongyang.
4. The United Nations Security Council plans to hold a conference on Wednesday in response to the recent fire of the submarine-launched ballistic missile by North Korea.
5. Expectations are high as South Korea prepares to launch its first fully domestically developed space rocket Nuri. The official launch date is set for tomorrow.