South Korea confirmed another one-hundred-five new cases of the coronavirus on Saturday, bringing the national total to nine,five-hundred-83.
That's according to the KCDC, which says the largest portion of new cases was in the capital region, at 42.
Seoul saw 20 new cases, most of them from a cluster infection at a church in Guro-gu district.
This church has been holding worship services online since early March, but people were infected when they went to the church to prepare for those services.
Another 15 were in the surrounding Gyeonggi-do Province and 7 were in Incheon.
The region hardest hit so far -- Daegu and Gyeongsangbuk-do Province -- had 25.
Most of the new cases there are coming from a mental hospital in Daegu.
To prevent these facilities from becoming hot spots of infection, the city of Daegu has decided to test around 23-hundred patients at 17 mental hospitals starting next week.
Meanwhile, the number of confirmed cases from overseas is steadily rising.
There has been a total of 4-hundred-12 such cases so far, and experts say the number is likely to increase given that COVID-19 is spreading fast worldwide.
In response, South Korean Prime Minister Chung Sye-kyun said Sunday in a meeting at the Central Disaster and Safety Countermeasure Headquarters that South Korea will toughen its quarantine measures on everyone entering the country.
"As of April 1st, regardless of region or nationality, South Korea will quarantine all visitors from abroad for two weeks. If they do not have a place to stay in the country, they will be quarantined for two weeks at facilities provided by the South Korean government, and the cost will be borne by the visitor."
He said the expansion of mandatory quarantine is also meant to discourage short-term visitors from coming to Korea unnecessarily.
KIM Bo-kyoung, Arirang News.