After dropping their new album 'MAP OF THE SOUL : 7' last Friday, K-Pop stars BTS held their album launch press conference on Monday afternoon.
But instead of holding a normal press conference in central Seoul as previously planned they aired it live on their YouTube channel 'BANGTANTV'.
The band's agency Big Hit Entertainment said this was to prevent large groups of people coming together in an enclosed space in light of the COVID-19 outbreak.
K-pop girl band Twice have also called off their world tour finale concerts that were due to take place in Seoul on March 7th and 8th.
The band's agency JYP Entertainment said the decision was to protect the health and safety of the fans and cooperate with the Korean government's policies to counter the virus.
In the movie sector, a black and white version of Bong Joon-ho's Oscar-winning film 'Parasite' was scheduled to hit South Korean theaters on Wednesday.
But the film's distributor CJ Entertainment has decided to put the release on hold for now.
And it's not just global K-pop artists or film companies that are joining efforts to prevent the spread of the virus.
"Street performers are taking their own precautionary measures. Here in Hongdae, the streets are usually packed with singers, bands and dancers, but they have now mostly emptied out. The hope: to prevent crowds - large or small - from gathering."
Starting Monday, South Korea's Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism is shutting down its twenty-four national museums and libraries across the country.
The Seoul Arts Center has put a temporary hold on this week's special exhibitions and postponed its music and art classes.
And Korea's professional football league - the K League - has postponed the start of the new season.
The 2020 campaign was set to begin this weekend.
The league is expected to announce an updated season schedule once the coronavirus outbreak dies down.
Busan is also considering delaying the World Team Table Tennis Championships scheduled from March 22nd to 29th.
Kan Hyeong-woo, Arirang News.