With tensions rising between mainland China and Hong Kong over the pro-democracy protests on the island, a new twist in the story has emerged.
A British government worker in Hong Kong has gone missing during a trip to China.
For more on this and other news around the world, let's turn to our Kim Da-mi.
So Dami, tell us more.
Mark, the man in question is Simon Cheng, a 28-year-old trade and investment officer at the UK consulate in Hong Kong.
He was returning from a trip to Shenzhen in China on August 8th,when his girlfriend lost contact with him.
She told a Hong Kong news website that the territory's immigration service informed her that Cheng had been placed under "administrative detention" in China in an unknown location and for unknown reasons.
The UK's Foreign and Commonwealth Office is now seeking further information from authorities in Guangdong Province and Hong Kong.
China's foreign ministry claims it knows nothing about the situation.
Under administrative detention in China, Cheng can be held up for up to 15 days without charge.
According to his girlfriend, he has not participated in any of the pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong.
Meanwhile, the U.S. has made a firm stance on the China-Hong Kong dispute,bringing up the potential for it to affect a possible U.S. trade deal with China.
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo told CNBC on Tuesday that it would be more difficult to reach a trade deal if the protests end in a violent way.
Pressed on what level of violence that might mean, he noted that President Trump said something like "Tiananmen Square."