Fortynine people were killed and more than twenty wounded in shootings at two mosques on the southern island of New Zealand on Friday.
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern called the shootings a terrorist attack, and said the country had been placed on its highest security threat level.
"This is one of New Zealand's darkest days. Clearly, what has happened here is an extraordinary and unprecedented act of violence."
The shootings occurred in two locations, two mosques in Christchurch - one at Al Noor Avenue, and one at Linwood Avenue.
"Our police have those locations locked down.Four are in custody - three are men, one is a woman, as I understand it."
An attacker is believed to have livestreamed at least one of the attacks, which showed him driving to one mosque, entering it and shooting randomly at people inside.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison said one of the suspects in what he called a “rightwing extremist attack” was an Australian-born citizen.
New Zealand authorities said that they "will not be discussing the offenders' possible motivations or the causes of this incident" at this stage.
But they added that the situation is still evolving and advised all mosques in the country to shut down until further notice.
Kim Hyesung, Arirang News.