Police have once again questioned Seungri, now a former member of Korean boyband Bigbang, over allegations that he solicited prostitutes for his potential business partners.
This was his first interrogation as a criminal suspect after last month’s questioning as a witness in a case involving the alleged use and distribution of drugs and rape at a Seoul nightclub.
Unlike last time, when Seungri said he hopes to uncover the truth, this time he offered an apology.
“I apologize to the people who were hurt. Rather than saying anything at this stage, I will sincerely cooperate with the police investigation and respond truthfully.”
Seungri is scheduled to enlist in the South Korean military on March 25th, so his case is likely to be transferred to the high court of the armed forces. The Seoul Police and the military, though, have yet to discuss how they will handle the case.
Early Thursday morning, singer Jung Joon-young was also questioned over allegations that he secretly filmed himself having sex with several women and that shared the clips with his friends through a mobile group chat.
When asked if he has filmed anything recently or used drugs while filming, Jung did not comment but his cooperation with the police.
The police said they're considering an arrest warrant for Jung, in view of the seriousness of the allegations.
In addition, according to the police, another group chat involving Seungri and Jung Joon-young made around July 2016 mentioned that the police commissioner general “had their backs."
"While the former top officer denies any involvement in the case, the National Police Agency said it will launch a special investigation into the allegations that officers turned a blind eye to illegal activities including sexual assaults at the Burning Sun nightclub. Kim Da-mi, Arirang News."