TERMS OF SERVICE
Terms of Service for Members of Arirang’s Web Site
Chapter 1 General Rules
Article 1 (Purpose)
The "Terms of Service" is aimed to define terms and procedures for the use of Internet-related services (hereinafter referred to as "services") provided by Arirang, rights, liabilities and obligations of Arirang and users and other necessary stipulations.
Article 2 (Outline and revision of "Terms of Service")
- Arirang shall post the "Terms of Service" on the service screen.
- In case of revision, Arirang shall post on the initial service screen the effective date of and reason for the revision, alongside the current "User Terms of Service," seven days before the effective date until the day before the new terms go into effect.
Article 3 (Definition of Terms)
Items not stipulated in the "Terms of Service" and the interpretation manner of the terms are governed by the Regulations on Terms of Service Act, the Basic Telecommunication Act, the Telecommunication Business Act, the Regulations on the Information Communication Ethics Committee's Review, the Codes of Conduct on Information Communication, the Computer Program Protection Act and other relevant laws and regulations.
Article 4 (Definition of Terms)
- User: It refers to one who receives services provided by Arirang regardless of membership standing.
Chapter 2 Use of Services
Article 5 (Period of use of services)
- Services can be used round the clock every day of the year, but can be temporarily suspended partially or entirely due to Arirang operational check-ups, replacement of mechanical components or malfunction. In such cases, Arirang shall notify members of these changes before or after they occur.
- Arirang may designate separate service hours for each category and announce them beforehand.
Article 6 (Information supply service and ad posting)
- Arirang can post ads on service screens in relation to the operation of its services.
- Arirang bears no responsibility for any losses or damage incurred by members as a result of their participation in any sponsor sales promotions posted on the Arirang service programs.
Article 7 (Protection of intellectual property rights)
- Arirang owns all copyrights and intellectual property rights of its productions.
- Users cannot make commercial use of the materials provided through services, including processing and/or selling of the information they have obtained through services.
- Whether commercially minded or not, members are banned from copying, transmitting and/or distributing all content and/or services provided by Arirang using simple links and/or other electronic methods in other space than the Arirang website.
Chapter 4 Each Party's Obligation
Article 11 (Arirang's obligations)
- Arirang shall not do anything that is banned by law and the "Terms of Service" or runs counter to public morals. Arirang must strive to provide members with consistent and stable services.
- Arirang must immediately deal with grievances related to services filed by members.
- Arirang must use a security system to protect the personal information of users so that they can safely use services.
- Arirang must notify relevant members of the reason for the delay and a schedule to deal with such grievances via the service website or e-mail.
Article 12 (Users' obligations)
- Users are banned from engaging in any business activities using services without prior approval from Arirang, and from distributing or posting materials that violate laws.
- Users should not engage in any of the following in relation to the use of services:
- Photocopying, duplicating, altering, interpreting, publishing, broadcasting, transmitting, or posting information obtained from services and/or providing others with it without prior approval from Arirang
- Destroying the public order by posting pornographic materials on the service website and/or the bulletin board, or posting links to obscene sites or distributing obscene materials
- Damaging or insulting others' honor, posting or transmitting via e-mail or other methods materials that infringe upon others' rights such as patents, trademarks, business secrets, copyright and other intellectual property rights
- Hacking or spreading computer viruses
- Consistently posting or transmitting via e-mail and other methods certain materials including promotional ads against others' will
- Illegally using another member's ID
- Collecting and storing the personal information of other members
- Illegally using the identity of others including that of a Arirang employee or system operator
- Falsely identifying the sender of contents transmitted by services
- Altering information on the service website
- Stalking or harassing others on the service website
- Any acts hampering or might hamper the operations of the services and others running counter to relevant laws
Chapter 5 Others
Article 13 (Compensation for damage)
Arirang bears no responsibility for any damage to members or users in relation to free services, unless in the case of an intentional crime.
Article 14 (Escape clause)
Arirang is not liable for products or services provided by affiliates.
Article 15 (Application of laws)
Arirang and members must make all necessary efforts to smoothly resolve conflicts caused in relation to services.
Article 16 (Application of laws)
If a lawsuit is filed despite all efforts, it shall be under the jurisdiction of the court that exercises jurisdiction over Arirang headquarters.
The "Terms of Service" went into effect on Dec. 15, 2007, and the precious version was replaced by the one.